Hoya’s HD3 UV
Developed to exceed the sharpness needs of 50-megapixel cameras entering the market, the Hoya HD3 UV (Ultraviolet) camera filter sports a new and improved 32-layer ultra-smooth, ultra-hard, nano-coating that is 5x sharper and 800% harder than the Hoya HD2 UV. Combined with the exclusive chemically enhanced Hoya optical UV glass which is 4X harder than traditional optical glass the new Hoya HD3UV protecting your lens from blowing sand, freezing temps, and driving rain, living up to being the NEW “Toughest Filter on the Planet”.
- NEW 800% harder ultra-smooth nano-coating is scratch resistant and easier to clean and maintain
- NEW 32-layer proprietary coating system reduces reflections, flares and ghosting
- Chemically enhanced optical glass is 4X stronger than competitor’s
- NEW coating technology yields 99.7% light transmission, and is scratch and stain resistant, water and oil repellent
- Ultra thin frame for use with wide-angle lenses results in no vignetting
- One-piece frame, glass mounted with high pressure press technology ensures filter will never come apart
Hoya’s HD3 Circular Polarizer
The Hoya HD3 Circular Polarizer camera filter sports a new and improved 16-layer ultra-smooth, ultra-hard nano-coating that is 2x sharper and 200% harder than the award-winning HD2 Circular Polarizer. Combined with Hoya’s exclusive High-Transparency polarizing film that allows 2/3rds of a stop more light transmission than standard circular polarizing films while yielding more saturated colors and clarity. The new HD3 Circular polarizer is faster, sharper, and “Hoya Tough”.
- NEW 200% harder ultra-smooth nano-coating is easier to clean than traditional multi-coated filters
- Offers increased contrast with no loss of sharpness
- NEW 16-layer Hoya proprietary coating system reduces reflections that cause flares and ghosting
- NEW coating technology yields 92% light transmission, is scratch and abrasion resistant, oil and water repellent
- High-transparency UV absorbing polarizing film transmits 2/3 of a stop more light than standard PL films
- Ultra-thin frame for use with wide-angle lenses results in no vignetting